The Trappist Monastery breweries are renowned as being of the highest quality. They are working monasteries, where the monks take an active role in every aspect of the brewing process. And all procedures must be undertaken on the Monastery site for them to be given the office 'Trappist Product' label.
This pack celebrates the clever brewing monks.
1. Orval 6.2% (330ml) - this Trappist Monastery only makes one beer commercially, and it is a beauty. A crisp and dry Belgian Pale Ale with wild yeast (Brettanomyces) that comes through stronger as the beer ages
2. Rochefort 6 7.5% (330ml) - the baby of the Rochefort family is a Belgian Dubbel style, with the sweetness of dark fruits and malt, and just enough hop bitterness to balance things out
3. Achel Blond 8.0% (330ml) - a Belgian Tripel style beer from the smallest and newest of Belgium's Trappist Monasteries. With a bready malt backbone, earthy hop bitterness, ripe yellow fruits, Belgian candi sugar and a gentle peppery spice.
4. Westmalle Tripel 9.5% (330ml) - This beer from the renowned Westmalle Trappist Monastery is a glowing golden colour; slightly hazy as a result of secondary fermentation in the bottle. The head is two fingers of thick white foam, which slowly collapses in on itself. It has tropical fruit aromas of pineapple and grapefruit, along with a good amount of sweet malts and of course the typical Belgian yeast.
5. Rochefort 8 9.2% (330ml) - a malty Belgian Strong Dark Ale for another Belgian Trappist Monastery, because of the nature of the water from their well they only produce dark beers
6. Zundert 10 Quadrupel 10.0% (330ml) - the newest of the Zundert beers, this is a flavoursome Quadrupel, with a big caramel malty body with dark stone fruit flavours
Item is currently out of stock